Jason Seibert, interdisciplinary studies alum, was named general counsel for CoinOutlet, a manufacturer of BitCoin ATMs, in May 2015.
1. Know what VA benefits you are eligible for and which program you will be using.
There are a number of different education programs offered by the VA, so it is important to know which program you will be using. If you are unsure about which program you are eligible for, please contact a Veteran's Benefit Counselor at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1.888.442.4551).
VA education programs coordinated through the Office of Financial Aid:
Montgomery GI Bill/Active Duty (Chapter 30)
Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
Survivors' and Dependents' Education Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
Montgomery GI Bill/Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP Chapter 1607)
VA education programs not coordinated through the financial aid office:
2. Apply for admission to your degree program at Marylhurst University.
Admission to a certificate or degree program is required to be eligible for benefits.
In addition to the application you submit, there are other requirements to complete your admission depending on your program of study and your application classification.
Every applicant is assigned an admissions counselor who is available to help you every step of the way. From helping you request transcripts to providing more information about your program of study, your counselor is a valuable resource. Your counselor is assigned at the time of application, and you can contact the Office of Admissions at 503.699.6268 or toll-free 800.634.9982, ext. 6268, to talk with your counselor at any time.
3. Apply for VA benefits by completing and submitting the appropriate forms.
4. If eligible, apply for Marylhurst University's Military Service Scholarship by submitting the Military Service Scholarship Application to the financial aid office.
Marylhurst University offers a Military Service Scholarship to students who are:
- Currently serving on active duty, or
- Have been honorably discharged from active duty in any branch of the United States Armed Forces, or
- National Guard or Reserve personnel who have been federally mobilized for more than 30 days for purposes other than training.
(National Guard & Reserve personnel who have NOT been federally mobilized for more than 30 days for purposes other than training are not eligible for this scholarship.)