Mary's Woods at Marylhurst launched a free shuttle service in November, connecting the Marylhurst University campus with Lake Oswego and Oregon City.
Marylhurst University has partnered with American Student Assistance, a nonprofit organization, to provide financial guidance for students and alumni.
ASA runs a program called SALT * that helps students and their families make smart financial choices for life. You can take advantage of services to help you wisely and effectively manage debt, whether you incur it paying for your education or through personal expenses. SALT also augments the campus services we provide to help you find scholarships, internships and employment opportunities.
Once you sign up for SALT, you can benefit from:
- One-on-one loan counseling, advocacy and assistance from student loan experts
- Self-serve financial tools and calculators
- Highly interactive financial education curriculum, including a series of My Money 101 tutorials
- A secure, personalized dashboard where you can track all of your loans and compare payment options
- Help looking for jobs and internships
- Assistance in looking for scholarships
This is a service FREE to students and alumni. All you have to do to sign up is visit saltmoney.org/marylhurst.
* In case you're wondering, SALT isn't an acronym. Salt was often considered a form of currency in the years when it was difficult to obtain, so in this case SALT stands for "money."