Monday - Thursday: 8am-10pm
Friday & Saturday: 8am-7pm
1. How do I forward my mail to another email account automatically?
2. How do I make Google my default email client?
3. Are there shortcuts? How do I enable them?
4. How do I add someone from a received email to my contacts list?
5. Can I only have one email open at a time?
6. Will we be able to do mail merge?
- Sign in to your mymail.marylhurst.edu account
- Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page, and open the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the section labeled Forwarding, select "Forward a copy of incoming mail to"
- Enter the email address to which you'd like your messages forwarded.
- Select the action you'd like your messages to take from the drop-down menu. We recommend keeping a copy in the Inbox.
- Click Save Changes.
For step-by-step instructions on making Gmail your default email client, click here.
For information on enabling and using shortcuts, click here.
- From the menu along the top, click on "Contacts"
- Along the lefthand side click on the section called "Suggested Contacts"
- In the middle section, a list appears before you of email addresses that you have sent and received from
- Check the box next to the contact(s) that you would like to add
- On the left hand side click on the "Move to Contacts" button
You can have multiple emails open at one time. There is just a different way of doing it. With the message open, on the right hand side, there is a link called New Window. Click on that and it will open the message that is in front of you into a new window. Repeat these steps for each email that you would like open.
If you are referring to using your contacts for the Mail Merge feature in Word, you can export your Google contacts. Go into your Google contacts and on the upper right hand side of the screen, click on Export Feature, select the Outlook CSV file format and save it. Use that as your source file when you go through the mail merge wizard in Word.