Gary Bloxom of MetroScope interviewed music faculty Emily Ross and Justin Smith about Marylhurst's summer camps.
Marylhurst University scholarships are funded by gifts from university friends and alumni. We acknowledge their generosity by creating a book for them that includes a photo and thank-you letter from their scholarship recipient(s).
We ask all students who receive Marylhurst scholarships to submit a thank-you letter and current photograph. We consider this a very important final step in the scholarship application process, so we won't release scholarship funds to your account until we have your thank-you letter and photo in hand.
Here are more specifics about what we need from you.
- Please write one letter for each scholarship you receive.
- Please submit your letter(s) on plain white 8.5" x 11" paper. We won't accept hand-written letters.
- Keep your letter(s) to one page.
- Address the donor(s) of your scholarship(s) in your salutation (See the Messages tab in FinAidOnline to learn who to address your letter(s) to).
- In your letter, identify yourself, your education plans, and your hopes and ambitions for the future.
- Please ensure your letter is grammatically correct, as well as professional in tone and content. If you need guidance, Diana Hacker's book, A Writer's Reference, is a great resource. It's available at the virtual bookstore, Shoen Library and the Writing Center.
- Print or type your name and also hand-sign your letter(s) before submitting to the Office of Financial Aid.
If you need help writing your letter, please contact the Marylhurst Writing Center.
- Please submit a current photo to the Office of Financial Aid. If you don't have a current photo, a financial aid staff member can take your picture when you drop by the office.
- Photos must be no smaller than 3" x 5".
- Photos must be clear and in focus in order to be scanned.
Thank you for helping us express our gratitude to those who make our scholarship program possible!