Paula Kreissler, MBA in Sustainable Business alum, talked about her work in "making Savannah a healthier place to live" with Business in Savannah in March 2015.
Marylhurst University scholarships are funded by gifts from university friends and alumni. We acknowledge their generosity by creating a book for them that includes a photo and thank-you letter from their scholarship recipient(s).
We ask all students who receive Marylhurst scholarships to submit a thank-you letter and current photograph. We consider this a very important final step in the scholarship application process, so we won't release scholarship funds to your account until we have your thank-you letter and photo in hand.
Here are more specifics about what we need from you.
- Please write one letter for each scholarship you receive.
- Please submit your letter(s) on plain white 8.5" x 11" paper. We won't accept hand-written letters.
- Keep your letter(s) to one page.
- Address the donor(s) of your scholarship(s) in your salutation (See the Messages tab in FinAidOnline to learn who to address your letter(s) to).
- In your letter, identify yourself, your education plans, and your hopes and ambitions for the future.
- Please ensure your letter is grammatically correct, as well as professional in tone and content. If you need guidance, Diana Hacker's book, A Writer's Reference, is a great resource. It's available at the virtual bookstore, Shoen Library and the Writing Center.
- Sign your letter(s) before submitting to the Office of Financial Aid.
If you need help writing your letter, please contact the Marylhurst Writing Center.
- Please submit a current photo to the Office of Financial Aid. If you don't have a current photo, a financial aid staff member can take your picture when you drop by the office.
- Photos must be no smaller than 3" x 5".
- Photos must be clear and in focus in order to be scanned.
Thank you for helping us express our gratitude to those who make our scholarship program possible!