Dr. Susan Carter, interim chair of the MA in Interdisciplinary Studies Department, was named vice president of the Pacific Northwest Region of the American Academy of Religion / Society of Biblical Literature in May 2013.
1. A completed application for admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
2. International Student Information Sheet
3. Statement of intent
A brief, one-page essay in which you introduce yourself and share your academic goals and experiences.
4. Official high-school transcripts, accompanied by an unofficial English translation if necessary.
This is waived for students who have completed the equivalent of 45 quarter credits or 30 semester credits from a college or university.
5. Official documentation of completed college-level coursework
International transcripts require a professional transcript evaluation.
U.S. transcripts: official transcripts for all colleges/universities attended
6. Proof of measles immunization
You can download the form as a PDF.
7. Proof of English proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English through one of the following:
- TOEFL score of 79 iBT or higher
- IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
- PTE Score of 53 or higher
- MELICET score of 77 or higher through Pacific International Academy (PIA) upon arrival in the United States
- Completion of the three-term Marylhurst Language Foundation program with a 2.50 GPA or higher
- Official transcripts showing completion of a degree at a regionally-accredited U.S. institution
- Official transcripts showing successful completion of two college-level composition courses
- Completing all Level 5 classes at PIA qualifies a student to apply for provisional admission through the Language Foundation Program
8. Letter of recommendation & Personal Interview
Required for freshman applicants only. Your admissions counselor will contact you to schedule the interview.
Additional materials may be required if you are applying for certain programs:
Please have all test scores, transcripts, and other supporting documents sent to:
Office of Admissions
PO Box 261
Marylhurst, OR 97036
After you are accepted ...
For the I-20 to be processed, admitted students will have to provide the following documents:
1. Copy of the passport biographical page
2. Original bank statement or letter showing sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for at least the first year of study.
A recent bank statement or letter may be required if it was originally submitted more than six months prior to the planned program start date. You can download the estimated expenses as a PDF.
3. Declaration of Finances form
4. International Student Transfer-In Request Form
This form is for students transferring in from another school in the United States.
PROVISIONAL ADMISSION FOR UNDERGRADUATE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Upon submission of all admissions requirements, international students may be offered provisional admission to an undergraduate degree program through Language Foundations and issued an I-20 if they have completed all classes at Pacific International Academy or if their English test score is within one of the following ranges: iBT 64-78, IELTS 6.0, or the on-campus MELICET 71-76. (See here for the language foundation requirements.)
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
Study in the States
U.S. Visa information
U.S. Embassies abroad
SEVIS Fee (I-901 fee)
English Language Proficiency Test Providers
International Transcript Evaluation Services
World Education Services, Inc. (WES)
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
AACRAO International Education Services