An essay by Dr. Jennifer Sasser, gerontology program director, was published in the International Journal of Reminiscence and Lifelong Learning in January 2015.
1. A completed application for admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
2. Statement of intent
A brief, one-page essay in which you introduce yourself and share your academic goals and experiences.
3. Official high-school transcripts, accompanied by an unofficial English translation if necessary.
This is waived for students who have completed the equivalent of 45 quarter credits or 30 semester credits from a college or university.
4. Official documentation of completed college-level coursework
International transcripts require a professional transcript evaluation.
U.S. transcripts: official transcripts for all colleges/universities attended
5. Proof of measles immunization
You can download the form as a PDF.
6. Proof of English proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English through one of the following:
- TOEFL score of 79 iBT or higher
- IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
- PTE Score of 53 or higher
- MELICET score of 77 or higher through Pacific International Academy (PIA) upon arrival in the United States
- Official transcripts showing completion of a degree at a regionally-accredited U.S. institution
- Official transcripts showing successful completion of two college-level composition courses
7. Letter of recommendation & Personal Interview
Required for freshman applicants only. Your admissions counselor will contact you to schedule the interview.
Additional materials may be required if you are applying for certain programs:
Please have all test scores, transcripts, and other supporting documents sent to:
Office of Admissions
PO Box 261
Marylhurst, OR 97036
After you are accepted ...
For the I-20 to be processed, admitted students will have to provide the following documents:
1. Pay the International Student Matriculation Fee ($400)
This is a one-time non-refundable $400 (US Dollars) fee for admitted students who are studying at Marylhurst University on an F-1 Visa. Payment is required before an I-20 will be issued.
You can pay the fee here: International Student Matriculation Fee. Please have your student ID available to pay the fee.
2. Copy of the passport biographical page
3. International Student Information Sheet
Download a PDF of the international student information sheet.
4. Original bank statement or letter showing sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for at least the first year of study.
5. Declaration of Finances form with estimated expenses
6. International Student Transfer-In Request Form
This form will be provided to you after you are admitted to Marylhurst.
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
Study in the States
U.S. Visa information
U.S. Embassies abroad
SEVIS Fee (I-901 fee)
English Language Proficiency Test Providers
International Transcript Evaluation Services
World Education Services, Inc. (WES)
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
AACRAO International Education Services