The Rev. Trudy Bradley, M.Div. alum and former Marylhurst faculty member, was remembered at the Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon's Annual Community Awards & Celebration Dinner on April 25, 2013.
Master of Divinity Equivalent
This certificate, coupled with the MA in Applied Pastoral Theology degree, is recognized as a Master of Divinity (M.Div.) equivalent.
If you are an applied theology student, and your goals include chaplain certification, ordination and/or progressing to a Doctor of Ministry program, you may choose to enroll in our 48-credit graduate theological studies certificate program.
Completing the graduate theological studies certificate coursework and MA in Applied Pastoral Theology prepares you for licensing with:
- The Association for Clinical Pastoral Education
- The Association of Professional Chaplains
- The National Association of Catholic Chaplains
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies, you will be able to:
- Comprehend the cultural foundations, major literary expression and teachings of religious or philosophical systems
- Identify and clarify one's own position on theology, spirituality, morality and philosophy of life
- Examine teachings through exposure to spiritual practices, values and prayer practices
- Explore ethical approaches arising from theological or philosophical systems (ethics of medicine, business and ecology)
- Appreciate the diversity and richness in a spiritual or philosophical tradition, or identify relationships between philosophical studies and other liberal arts
Individuals who complete this program and our MA in Applied Pastoral Theology earn an M.Div. equivalent degree, and may find employment as chaplains, spiritual life facilitators, or as educators, teaching in high schools, community colleges, elementary schools or adult education programs.
Occupational Profile on O*NET
(25-1126: Philosophy and Religion Teachers, Postsecondary)
Program Length & Costs
The estimated time to complete the program is 15 months. Estimated costs are:
Tuition* (48 credits) = $27,744
Books & Supplies ($50 per credit) = $2,400
TOTAL = $30,144
*Calculated at the current 2013-14 tuition rate