Drs. Jim Davis and Jennifer Sasser will be VIP participants at the Oregon White House Conference on Aging in May 2015.
- Application for admissions to the MAIS program with non-refundable fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Statement of intentThe personal letter is your opportunity to describe your background, interests and aspirations. Describe your reasons for pursuing graduate study and why the MAIS program at Marylhurst University interests you.
- Writing sampleYour writing sample should demonstrate your current scholarly ability, preferably related to the area(s) of study you wish to pursue. It will be assessed on these criteria:
• The paper is 7-10 pages in length
• A thesis is developed and supported by reliable sources
• Critical thought has been used to address an issue
• The argument is well organized and well articulated
• Sources are acknowledged, using a consistent citation style (MLA or APA)
• A references or works cited list appears at the end
- Two letters of referencePlease start the online application process as you will be requesting recommendation letters through it. Your references will receive an email to fill out and submit an online recommendation form. Please indicate, as soon as possible, who the letter requests should be sent to. References from individuals acquainted with your potential for in graduates studies will be required. References from faculty members are preferred. Professional references are acceptable for applicants with substantial work experience. References from family members and personal acquaintances should not be sent.
- Personal interview
- Proof of measles immunization - required for students taking 9 or more credits per term (download form)
If you are a self-directed person who appreciates the value of a liberal arts perspective you are an ideal candidate. We are seeking students of top academic ability who will benefit from the broad nature of the MA in Interdisciplinary Studies program and contribute to the university learning community.