Dr. Sean Gillon, food systems and society faculty, co-authored an article on developing food systems curricula published in Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems in May 2014.
Application deadline for the fall 2015 cohort is March 15th, 2015.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong interest and background in relevant area of study and related experience
Materials you must submit:
- Completed application form. You may complete the application form online.
- Statement of intent. In a 1,000 words or less, please address why you are interested in learning to think more critically about food systems and society. Reflect on your motivation to create social change in the food system and the personal and/or professional experiences that have contributed to your interest.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Recent writing sample. Submit a sole-authored, 5-10 page writing sample, preferably on a topic related food systems and society. We are looking for evidence of your ability and/or potential to develop key questions, construct reasoned arguments based on evidence and assess or analyze the significance of what you have presented. Your sample may be something you have already written or write for the purpose of this application.
- Minimum two letters of recommendation from individuals who can address your potential for success in graduate studies. Reference letters should signed and be mailed from the persons writing them directly to the Office of Admissions.
Applications for admission are due March 15. When your application is complete, it will be reviewed by a committee composed of the department chair and FSS faculty and staff. Selected candidates will be interviewed by the department. Applicants will be notified in writing of the decision of the admissions committee.
Admitted students must submit a non-refundable $300.00 deposit to hold their place. This deposit is applied towards fall tuition expenses
For more information about the MS in Food Systems and Society program, contact our program coordinator, Emily Burruel, at email@example.com.