An article by Dr. Patricia Allen, food systems & society department chair, was selected for inclusion in a "best of" retrospective issue of the esteemed journal Gastronomica.
Application deadline for the fall 2013 cohort is March 31, 2013.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong interest and background in relevant area of study and related experience
Materials you must submit:
- Completed application form. You may complete the application form online or, if you prefer, download a PDF application and return by mail.
- Statement of intent. In 1,000 words or less, please address why you want to be a student in this program; briefly describe personal and/or professional experiences that have led to your interest in food systems; and identify courses you have taken that help prepare you for the food systems and society program. If you have a topic or project in mind that you would like to develop during your studies, please provide a one-paragraph synopsis.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Recent writing sample. Submit a 5-10 page sample on a topic related to food and the food system; this can be something you already have written or something you write for the purpose of this application.
- Minimum two letters of recommendation from at least two individuals who can address your potential for success in graduate studies. Reference letters should signed and be mailed from the persons writing them directly to the Office of Admissions.
Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions in May 2013. Admitted students must submit a non-refundable $300.00 deposit to hold their place. This deposit is applied towards fall tuition expenses.