Several faculty members from the Department of Education presented a session on culturally responsive teaching at the Oregon Leadership Network's Spring Leadership Institute in April 2014.
Applicants for the Master of Education program must provide:
- M.Ed. application for admission and non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Personal letter of introduction
- Two letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- Detailed resume with a clearly stated career objective
- Admissions interview
- Personal narrative (teacher leadership concentration only)
- Proof of measles immunization
If you are adding any endorsements to your license within the M.Ed., you also will also need to submit:
- Copy of current teaching license
- A new PA-1 form which can be obtained on the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission website
After all material has been submitted, final candidates will be invited for a personal interview. The interview will be conducted by members of the graduate faculty and professional educators. The interview is designed to explore your ideas about the program and learn more about your goals.
Applications are accepted year-round. New M.Ed. students may begin any term.