Dr. Tonda Liggett, education faculty, presented at the American Association for Applied Linguistics conference in Toronto in March 2015.
The Department of Education offers personalized plans for non-degree students for:
- teaching license renewal
- endorsements and/or authorizations, for licensed P-12 teachers
- initial license for qualified candidate with appropriate master's degree
If you are working toward renewing your teaching license, we offer education courses for professional development satisfying requirements for license renewal. Options include coursework in teacher leadership for those interested in influencing current systems of education. All you need to do is complete our Non Degree Application and have the Education Department sign off on your Registration Form.
If you are interested in an endorsement to add to your P-12 teaching license, you may complete advanced coursework in reading and/or ESOL through our license-only program.
If you are a licensed candidate with a master's degree who is seeking additional authorizations, you would also qualify for our license-only program.
You can apply for the Endorsement and Licensure programs by completing our Online Application and completing requirements:
- Sealed, official transcripts from degree-granting institutions
- Statement of Intent
- Fingerprint verification or updated PA-1 form
- Copy of current Teaching license