The Oregonian featured a story about Kinship House, a safe place for foster children to process their memories and emotions, and its executive director, Heather Jefferis '97.
Applicants to the MA in Art Therapy Counseling must have a bachelor's degree and meet the following requirements:
- 27 credits* in art distributed among painting, drawing and sculpture
- 18 credits* in psychology: Four upper-division courses — Abnormal Psychology, Theories of Counseling, Human Development and Theories of Personality — and 6 credits* of general psychology
- 3.0 GPA on transcript
- Supervised human services experience
In addition to these requirements, applicants must submit:
- Marylhurst University Application to the Department of Art Therapy Counseling
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- A chronological résumé
- A brief autobiography
- A slide portfolio
- Three confidential recommendations (download form)
- Problem response
- Miller Analogies Test scores
- Proof of measles immunization form - required for students taking 9 or more credits per term (download form)
Preparatory Undergraduate Programs
Individuals without a bachelor's degree may choose to enroll in one of three preparatory art therapy undergraduate programs:
Each program is designed to prepare students for graduate-level studies in art therapy counseling.
*Credits are based on a quarter system.