Greg Crosby, art therapy counseling and human sciences faculty, led workshops at the 2013 Annual Group Psychotherapy Association Conference in New Orleans.
Applicants to the MA in Art Therapy Counseling must have a bachelor's degree and meet the following requirements:
- 27 credits* in art distributed among painting, drawing and sculpture
- 18 credits* in psychology: Four upper-division courses — Abnormal Psychology, Theories of Counseling, Human Development and Theories of Personality — and 6 credits* of general psychology
- 3.0 GPA on transcript
- Supervised human services experience
In addition to these requirements, applicants must submit:
- Marylhurst University Application to the Department of Art Therapy Counseling
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- A chronological résumé
- A brief autobiography
- A slide portfolio
- Three confidential recommendations (download form)
- Problem response
- Miller Analogies Test scores
- Proof of measles immunization form - required for students taking 9 or more credits per term (download form)
Preparatory Undergraduate Programs
Individuals without a bachelor's degree may choose to enroll in one of three preparatory art therapy undergraduate programs:
Each program is designed to prepare students for graduate-level studies in art therapy counseling.
*Credits are based on a quarter system.