Lindsay Dellasega, MBA alum, shares how her Marylhurst education helped her find just the right business opportunity in an EcoMaids franchise operation.
Students complete their MBA in Sustainable Business by creating a capstone project that applies their learning. Many create and/or implement sustainable practices business and operations plans for the organizations they work for or new businesses they want to create. Others tackle research projects and feasibility studies on an array of "green" topics. The capstone gives you the opportunity to put what you've learned in our sustainable MBA program to immediate use.
Here is a sampling of the projects our students have completed for their green MBA capstone:
- Creating marketing tools to secure biomass buyers
- Undertaking a feasibility study for green roof agriculture
- Developing a proposal for an Associates of Science degree in sustainability at a community college
- Creating a landfill diversion composting program
- Creating an eco-credits business plan
- Creating a sustainable operations plan for a school district
- Exploring high-definition video solutions to increase telecommuting and reduce business travel
- Studying the impact of climate change on insurance claims