MBA student Simon Tam's dispute with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office over an application to trademark the name of his band, The Slants, is receiving attention from major networks including BBC World News, NPR and Time.
The School of Business at Marylhurst University, led by Dean Mary Bradbury Jones, offers one of the most comprehensive and challenging undergraduate and graduate business education experiences you'll find anywhere in the Northwest.
Our business school includes an innovative Professional Development Center and five academic departments:
- Department of Business & Leadership, which offers three bachelor's degree programs and two certificate programs
- Department of Sustainable Business, which offers both bachelor's and master's degrees in sustainable business as well as post-graduate certificates
- Master of Business Administration Department, which offers a robust MBA program with five concentration areas to choose from
- Department of Real Estate Studies, which offers a bachelor's degree in real estate studies and a master's degree in real estate
- Department of Health Care Management, which offers a master's degree in health care management
Our business programs blend business theory and professional skills with a strong liberal arts foundation that emphasizes ethical leadership and decision making, critical thinking, global awareness and service.