Music composition student Ian Guthrie won first place in the Oregon Music Teacher Association's Young Artist Piano Competition in November 2013.
Thanks to all students and faculty who participated in the inaugural Summer Choir Camp at Marylhurst. It was a huge success. Next summer's camp is being planned: details will be posted here shortly!
Comments about last summer's camp from singers attending:
- "For the past three days, I participated in the experience I will never forget. The Marylhurst Choir Camp was absolutely amazing! Meeting other wonderful kids who had amazing voices and abilities, meeting teachers and professors who ALSO thrived in that area, learning new things about music, voice, breathing, etc... It was just wonderful."
- "The directors and fellow singers were great to work with. The music selection was fantastic! It was amazing and I learned so much in just three days. Thank you!"
2014 Choir Camp: August 4-8, 2014
If you'd like to be notified when plans for our five-day 2014 Choir Camp are finalized, please contact Dr. Justin Smith, Director of Choral Activities, at email@example.com to be put on the camp mailing list.
About Summer Choir Camp
Our summer camp, situated on the beautiful Marylhurst campus, is an excellent, concentrated musical experience designed specifically for enthusiastic, committed high school and community college singers!
Performance opportunities in large and small ensembles will challenge students at their personal level. Ensembles will be coached and rehearsed by outstanding guest conductors with a national reputation. Students may participate in recitals and masterclasses, receive private lessons from our professional staff for an additional fee, and enroll in elective courses such as Choral Conducting, Vocal Jazz Technique, Composing for Video Games, and much more!
Come sing, grow and learn with us!
- TBA, per student prior to June 15
- TBA. per student after June 15
- $10 discount per student for schools registering eight or more
- Fees include music packets, rehearsal and tuition with our distinguished faculty, a camp teeshirt and lunch each day.
- Applicants will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Payment of entire fee is due upon initial registration. Sorry, no refunds.
For more information about the Marylhurst Summer Choir Camp, contact Dr. Justin Smith
at 503.534.4067 or firstname.lastname@example.org