Marylhurst alumni and faculty in the music therapy program took an active role in the planning and presentation of the 2014 Western Regional American Music Therapy Association conference in Portland.
Marylhurst Choral Union is a non-auditioned community choir closely affiliated with the Marylhurst University Department of Music. Founded in 2012 by Dr. Justin Smith, Director of Choral Activities, the choir is a forty-singer strong (and growing!) mixed choir open to all singers regardless of experience level. Matching pitch accurately is the only requisite for admission. The Choral Union frequently combines with the Marylhurst Chorale for large-scale choral works.
The Choral Union regularly performs at Marylhurst and in the community. See events calendar for coming performances.
For more information, or to schedule a voice-placement session (NOT an audition), please contact Dr. Justin Smith.
- Rehearsals: Tuesdays, 7:30-9:30 pm; St. Anne's Chapel, Marylhurst campus
- Course number: ENS 130
- Large ensemble credit for music minors
- Meets Marylhurst Core outcome: CA (Creating the Arts)
- Meets LAC outcome: AIB2 (2012-2013 catalog or earlier)
Praise for Choral Union
Your (Choral Union) is an excellent choir.
- Dr. Gwyneth Walker, American composer