Marylhurst student Mario Martinez talked with The Oregonian about the recent tragic events in the country of his youth.
The BA in Interdisciplinary Studies program is designed for highly motivated, independent students who want an education tailored to meet individual needs. Working with an adviser, you will develop a unique curriculum that both fulfills Marylhurst's degree requirements and supports your professional and personal life goals.
You'll choose one of three concentrations:
- The self-designed concentration allows you to create a personal academic plan around your personal interests, passions and academic history, combining several areas of study such as communication and psychology, or writing and religious studies.
- Preparatory art therapy concentration combines the study of art and psychology as a foundation of application to a graduate art therapy program.
- Sustainability studies combine core foundational coursework with complementary study in areas of interest to you. You will explore the roles of organizations and leadership between nature and humanity.
Advisers assist students in utilizing relevant transfer credits from other accredited colleges or universities, as well as college-level learning from life experience. Through Marylhurst's Prior Learning Assessment program, you may earn up to 45 credits (one year) toward a bachelor's degree.
In this program, you will:
- Write a mission statement that reflects personal, academic, career and life goals
- Develop a plan for attaining life objectives and take responsibility for monitoring, evaluating and updating that plan
- Gain understanding of differences in disciplinary perspectives, methodologies, and approach to research
- Acquire strong research and writing skills
- Examine and discuss values gained through education and how such values can impact community through personal, civic, professional or scholarly life
- Integrate learning in your major with real-world application and action
We're considering offering the interdisciplinary studies program online. Learn more.