Dr. Chuck Caruso, English faculty, presents at several conferences across the country in 2014 in a relatively new area for academia - video game theory.
The creative writing concentration in the BA in English Literature & Writing combines core courses in literature and writing with specialized workshops designed to refine skills in creative writing.
This concentration emphasizes the writing process, the crafting of language, revising, editing and publishing. As a student, you will:
- Develop skills in imaginative writing
- Write within the concentration's five required writing seminars
- Analyze imaginative writing for the purpose of gaining a deeper understanding of craft
- Become familiar with contemporary trends in writing and new media
- Generate multiple drafts, critique the work of others and revise your own work in response to feedback
What to expect
Creative writing classes and workshops are taught by professional writers, poets and scholars — all committed to creating challenging teaching and learning experiences that support your intellectual, creative and professional goals. If you're looking for a weekend writing workshop, a series of classes or to complete a bachelor's degree in English literature and writing, the department has a range of opportunities for you.
A community of readers and writers
You can find the spark, momentum and support you need to excel creatively, thanks to the numerous resources we offer writers. Learn more about these resources: