Lisa Davidson, communication studies faculty, presented at the International Christian Community for Teacher Education conference in May 2014.
As a communication studies major, you may apply for an individualized major when your educational goals include professional applications or related areas of study outside of designed concentrations.
Created in consultation with your academic adviser, an individualized major is custom-designed to fulfill all communication program outcomes through a unique combination of required coursework and alternative projects.
The individualized major is recorded on your transcript and diploma as a Bachelor of Arts with a major in communication. No concentration is specified. You will write a mission statement/proposal which includes the following:
- Specific learning goals for communication major
- Feasible plan for meeting both required communication studies program outcomes and individual objectives
- Projected senior project demonstrating overall achievement of outcomes identified in plan
Requirements for Individualized Major
Minimum of 180 total quarter credits
Minimum of 60 upper-division credits
Minimum of 45 credits from Marylhurst University
63 credits required for major:
- 15 credits of Communications Perspectives courses
- 48 credits of approved communication and related coursework
For more information, consult an academic adviser or the department chair.