Josh Gross, art alum, was featured on Portland's Art Life Video Blog in December 2014, talking about his recent exhibition in Mayer Gallery on the Marylhurst campus.
Earn your bachelor's in Interior Design
Now accepting students for spring 2015. Classes start March 30.
Are you interested in growing your career as an interior designer focused on the commercial industry? Marylhurst's Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Interior Design undergraduate program offers you quality, well-respected courses focused on meaningful experiences. Our program was the first of its kind in the Portland metro area accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation so we have a history of graduating exceptional students who go on to have rewarding careers in the interior design field.
Interior design program with an interdisciplinary approach
Our comprehensive four-year degree offers an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to interior design education that will give you a solid foundation in design, graphic communication, art, architecture and the liberal arts.
Our courses are focused on:
- Practice, supported by research and strong skill development
- Creative explorations and solutions, tested by critical thinking
- Collaborative learning and design process
- Spaces that function, as well as provide meaningful experiences for users
- Cross-disciplinary learning in psychology, history, ethics, sciences, philosophy and varied design arts
- Global understanding and local application
- Environmental, social and aesthetic responsibility