Megan Murphy, art alum, was chosen as one of five recipients of the Idaho Commission on the Arts' annual fellowship awards.
Marylhurst's BFA in Interior Design was the first program in the Portland metro area accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation.
Our comprehensive four-year degree offers an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to interior design education that will give you a solid foundation in design, graphic communication, art, architecture and the liberal arts.
Our curriculum and approach focus on:
- Practice, supported by research and strong skill development
- Creative explorations and solutions, tested by critical thinking
- Collaborative learning and design process
- Spaces that function, as well as provide meaningful experiences for users
- Cross-disciplinary learning in psychology, history, ethics, sciences, philosophy and varied design arts
- Global understanding and local application
- Environmental, social and aesthetic responsibility