Dennis Cunningham, art faculty, was unanimously selected as the recipient of the 2015 Ray Trayle Print Prize, given annually to a "remarkable Northwest printmaker."
Earn your bachelor's in Interior Design
Now accepting admission applications for fall 2015.
Are you interested in growing your career as an interior designer focused on the commercial industry? Marylhurst's Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Interior Design undergraduate program offers you quality, well-respected courses focused on meaningful experiences. Our program was the first of its kind in the Portland metro area accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation so we have a history of graduating exceptional students who go on to have rewarding careers in the interior design field.
Interior design program with an interdisciplinary approach
Our comprehensive four-year degree offers an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to interior design education that will give you a solid foundation in design, graphic communication, art, architecture and the liberal arts.
Our courses are focused on:
- Practice, supported by research and strong skill development
- Creative explorations and solutions, tested by critical thinking
- Collaborative learning and design process
- Spaces that function, as well as provide meaningful experiences for users
- Cross-disciplinary learning in psychology, history, ethics, sciences, philosophy and varied design arts
- Global understanding and local application
- Environmental, social and aesthetic responsibility