The Bachelor of Arts program is ideal for students seeking a general knowledge of art for the purpose of working in art-related fields, art administration or art education, or to prepare to enter Marylhurst's Master of Arts in Art Therapy Counseling program.
Through our faculty, professional artists themselves, you will be introduced to art dealers, art critics, museum curators and other art professionals who make up the regional art network. If you are interested in art administration, we can arrange internships with Portland area art galleries or nonprofit organizations.
You'll have the opportunity to meet some of the Northwest's most respected artists through the program of exhibitions in The Art Gym.
In this program, you will learn to:
- Demonstrate fundamentals in design, drawing, digital imaging and photography
- Examine the history of art in Western civilization and beyond
- Present yourself as a professional with your resume and portfolio
- Manage the business of art through record keeping
- Engage in the art world through discussion and critique
To graduate with a bachelor's degree, you must complete a total of 180 credits:
|Marylhurst Core requirements||54|
*More than 90 percent of Marylhurst students are transfer students.
Learn if you have prior college credit that can transfer into the BA in Art program with a free transfer evaluation.