Will Hornyak, communication studies faculty, will give several storytelling performances on Irish Myth, Legend and Lore in March and April 2014.
Windows 7 Deployment Technician
Support Services, Information Technology Services
Director of Support Services
Non-Exempt, Temporary* 10-week assignment
Immediate need / 2 openings available
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As a part of the Support Services department, the Deployment Technician will be responsible for performing upgrades of campus computers from Windows XP to Windows 7, including both the technical process and any end user interaction necessary. Work will be carried out under the guidance of the Director of Support Services and University Technologists.
- Perform operating system upgrades from Windows XP to Windows 7, including but not
a. Back up user data as necessary.
b. Perform operating system deployments in line with Support Services practices and procedures.
c. Install necessary applications and tools.
d. Perform hardware and software configuration including for hardware peripherals and printers.
- Communicate progress and other information as necessary to end users.
- Professionally interact with end users during hardware deployment and configuration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of general computer hardware and software terminology is required
- Ability to follow verbal instruction and technical documentation is required
- Ability to perform basic Windows hardware and software troubleshooting is required
- Knowledge or prior use of SCCM or other PXE-based deployment technologies, Windows batch files, and knowledge of or experience with installation and configuration of standard office printing hardware, including but not limited to printers, copiers, fax machines, and larger MFP or MFC style devices among others will be beneficial but is not necessary
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and courteously with users in person and in writing to understand their needs, deliver solutions, and set expectations.
- Proven ability to communicate informally in person and in writing in terms that are meaningful to non-technical staff. This includes understanding their environment and needs and responding accordingly.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with technical staff about technical issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year experience in help desk or desktop support is beneficial.
- Ability to lift and move boxes and equipment weighing up to 45 pounds, sometimes in awkward locations.
- Ability to kneel and crawl in confined spaces.
Submit a cover letter and résumé to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use "Deployment Technician" as the subject line. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled.
*This is a temporary position with no benefits.
Marylhurst University founders, the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, picked an idyllic home for our university adjacent to the Willamette River south of Portland, Oregon. Visitors to our campus are struck by its beauty and peacefulness. There is a true sense of community here. The Sisters' commitment to ethical leadership, service and social justice permeates our campus life. You do not have to be Catholic, or have any religious affiliation, to be a part of the Marylhurst community. We respect the Sisters' values as the foundation for the way we operate.