The Marylhurst Chamber Choir has been invited to perform at the Oregon Music Educators Association All State conference in Eugene in January 2015.
Adjunct Faculty for Food Systems
Food Systems and Society
Chair for Food Systems and Society
Marylhurst University's Master of Science in Food Systems and Society program is looking for experienced instructors to develop and teach online elective courses in the following areas for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Food and Public Health
- Global Food Politics
- Food and Labor
- Food Movements/Social Movements
- Food and Gender
A master's degree (Ph.D. or other terminal degrees preferred) in a relevant discipline; a minimum of two years teaching experience.
- Design a course that contributes to the mission and academic rigor of the FSS program.
- Develop and manage course materials (includes the syllabus and the selection of appropriate assignments, readings and online discussion exercises that contribute to the student's ability to meet course objectives).
- Coordinate with Program Coordinator on book adoptions, deadlines and other academic responsibilities.
- Facilitate and engage in online course discussions and meetings.
- Inform students of their progress by promptly returning assignments with constructive feedback.
- Follow procedures and policies related to the Registrar's Office.
- Broad understanding of online pedagogy and ability to integrate course content with appropriate teaching methods and technology.
- Strong online discussion facilitation skills.
- Familiarity with graduate-level writing standards and APA publication style.
Compensation and Term Length:
The compensation is $2,016 for most three credit, level one, graduate-level courses, with an additional stipend for new course development, when applicable. Courses in this program run for an average of 10 weeks per three credit course. Instructors with appropriate credentials and experience may have the opportunity teach more than one course in a topic area relevant to the program.
Submit a cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications for the position, a CV or resume and a one-page teaching philosophy as one PDF attachment to Emily Burruel, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address how you would approach one or more of the topics noted above. In your teaching philosophy statement, please address your approach to and/or experience with online teaching. No phone calls please. Position is open until filled.
Information about Marylhurst:
Marylhurst University is a private institution of higher learning open to men and women of any race or religion. It is dedicated to making innovative post-secondary education accessible to self-directed students of any age. Marylhurst offers coursework leading to bachelor's and master's degrees, and to other goals such as career transition development and personal enrichment.
The Master of Science in Food Systems and Society (FSS) is a low-residency, cohort-based degree program. Our mission is to advance equitable food systems through analysis, inquiry, and praxis. Students will identify and analyze societal factors in and perspectives on food system equity, expand critical thinking, collaboration, and synthesis skills for engaging social change and develop and communicate knowledge about food system equity and social change.