The Marylhurst Chamber Choir has been invited to perform at the Oregon Music Educators Association All State conference in Eugene in January 2015.
Help fuel the dream of higher education when you donate your vehicle to Marylhurst. Funds derived from the sale benefit scholarships, academic programs and areas of greatest need. Donating your vehicle is easy and tax-deductible.
Frequently asked questions about our vehicle donation program:
- Does my car have to be running to qualify for donation? No, but the car must have an engine and be towable. However, cars that are in extremely poor condition or far from our tow range may cost more to tow than the value of the vehicle. If this is the case, although Marylhurst may not receive any dollars from your vehicle, we thank you for thinking of us.
- What paperwork do I need? A signed title (pink slip) is required for donation. If the title is not available, you'll need to submit an Application for Replacement of Title with the Department of Motor Vehicles and contact us when you have the replacement title. You'll also need to give the vehicle's registration card and keys to our representative.
- Do I get a receipt for my donation? Yes, our driver will issue a receipt at the time of pick-up. This is not your final tax receipt. The initial acknowledgement will indicate your name and the year, make and model of the vehicle you are donating. We'll mail you a final acknowledgement within 30 days of the sale. The amount of gross proceeds received from your vehicle will be listed on this receipt. This will be your receipt for your charitable contribution.
- What can I claim as a deduction? Due to recent IRS updates to the rules regarding vehicle donations and the amount of the deduction that can be claimed, we recommend you refer to IRS Publication 4303, A Donor's Guide to Vehicle Donations, or contact your tax adviser to determine the amount of your tax deduction.
- What does Marylhurst University do with the donated vehicles? The vehicles are sold at auction. The funds from vehicle donations are used for the annual fund to benefit scholarships, areas of greatest need and academic programs.
- Can I schedule a time for pick-up or do I have to be with the vehicle at the time of pick-up? You do not have to be there when it is picked up, but the title and keys would need to be in the glove box if you are not there.
- How much money will Marylhurst University receive? After towing and administrative costs, Marylhurst will receive the remainder of the proceeds from the sale of the car.
- From which areas can vehicles be donated? Oregon and Washington.
Marylhurst University works with Speeds Towing on vehicle donations. To donate a vehicle, call 503.234.5555 (24 hours a day) and ask for the donations desk. To contact Marylhurst, call 503.699.6251 (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm)